Angry Doctor

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Recurring Nightmare - Foreword

Recurring Nightmare – Foreword

I had some misgivings about posting the next series of stories, but I decided I will do so afterall, with this foreword.

Doctors deal with human tragedies almost daily. After a while they all fall into one pattern or another; the details differ but the main plots are sadly similar.

But despite that (or is it because of that?), they all leave a mark on us.

Over the next few days I will share some of the stories which seem to repeat themselves. For those who are considering a career in medicine, and for medical students, these are situations you may have to deal with one day. The technical details may not be up to date, but hopefully the stories themselves will give you some food for thought.

I know the stories I am going to tell may bring back unhappy memories for readers who have had a friend or family who suffered from any of the conditions describe in the stories.

I want you to know I did not mean to offend.

If you think the stories will cause you distress, please do not read on.


Thank you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home