Angry Doctor

Monday, May 08, 2006

angry doc as...

The Taxi-driver

Taxi-driver: Where would you like to go, sir?

Passenger: Yishun.

Taxi-driver: OK. Shall I take the CTE?

Passenger: No, take the ECP.

Taxi-driver: Er… the ECP doesn’t go to Yishun, sir.

Passenger: Sure it does! They told me so!

Taxi-driver: Er… who are ‘they’, sir?

Passenger: Some people I know.

Taxi-driver: Er… have you ever been to Yishun?

Passenger: No.

Taxi-driver: Er… have these people been to Yishun?

Passenger: No.

Taxi-driver: Are any of them taxi-drivers?

Passenger: No.

Taxi-driver: Do they drive?

Passenger: No.

Taxi-driver: Well, sir, I drive to Yishun all the time and I can tell you the ECP doesn’t take you to Yishun. Shall we take the CTE then?

Passenger: Er… OK.

Taxi-driver: Good. Where in Yishun would you like to go?

Passenger: Science Centre.

Taxi-driver: Er… but the Science Centre is not in Yishun.

Passenger: Sure it is! They told me so!

Taxi-driver: Kindly get off my taxi.

5 Comments:

  • I'm guilty of telling Docs all my problems, hoping that they can catch an illness if they can. But after watching Dr House and Doc Martin, I've grown wiser. It's like telling a surgeon, "Please cut from here to there, cos it's easier to access this organ."

    But the best thing about me is that I never ever ask cabs to take a certain route unless neccessary. If anything, I always say, "You're the pro, just get me there the fastest and the cheapest way you know."

    Doctors must get this all the time... ke lian wor...

    By Blogger The Rational Neurotic, At May 08, 2006 8:22 pm  

  • Hmmm, looks like you folks don't take taxis regularly. Taxi drivers are more streetwise than other professionals. :)

    If passenger is picked up @ Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, ECP is correct. ECP-TPE-SLE--> Yishun. Faster, and less traffic.

    Taxi Driver will immediately ask specific questions before driving off from pick-up point, if passenger is not forthcoming with directions. May end up Educating the passenger the locations of the various tourist attractions in SG, and convince the passenger to spend whole day in the world class zoo + night safari which is located near Yishun.

    Taxi driver can't tell off passenger to alight the vehicle. Complaint letter will be sent to Taxi company. Passenger is always Right.

    hee hee, try another analogy, can? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At May 08, 2006 9:00 pm  

  • Dear anon, actually the analogy works well for the concerns you raised.

    Doctor can also take Path A then Path B then Path C then Path D to get to the problem. Of course the passenger will not be happy and neither will the patient.

    Doctor can also advise the patient just like the taxi driver advising the passesnger.

    And if the doctor tells the patient to go away, complaint letter will be sent to the hospital also what!

    By Blogger Dr Oz bloke, At May 09, 2006 10:06 am  

  • Oooh, I would LOVE to tell someone to get out of my department!

    By Blogger tscd, At May 10, 2006 12:32 am  

  • Oh my god, there is really much worthwhile data in this post!
    you may 9 | look 3 | superb 2 this here | this 8 | superb 6 look 1 | this here

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At December 31, 2012 6:19 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home